Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Monday, August 9, 2010

Temples

Yesterday our Home Teachers came over to visit and share a message with us. For those of you who don't know, Home Teachers are a pair of priesthood holders assigned to a family to make sure the family is doing well and share the monthly message from the Ensign. This months message is about Temple Blessings. I had the opportunity to read this message a few days prior to their visit and was touched by the simpleness of it.

President Uchtdorf says "For those who cannot attend the temple now for whatever reason, I encourage you to do everything in your power to hold a current temple recommend. The temple recommend is a symbol of our faithfulness and determination to serve the Lord. It is a symbol of our love for the Lord. . . "

I just love this because we are all busy with our life. My husband and I try hard to attend the temple as often as we can. Just a couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the Temple with my parents to do some family sealings. It was such a neat experience to seal the parents to the their children, you could feel their presence as if they were saying finally we are an eternal family!

Back in May my husband and I took advantage of the open house for The Gila Valley temple and took our 6 year old son to see it. What an great family experience it was for us, to be able to share it with our son and show him the special rooms of the temple and to simply explain to him what each room represents. I don't know if he will remember what he saw on the inside but I know for a fact that he remembers what it looked like on the outside.

I'm so grateful for the Temples and what they represent. I'm especially thankful that my husband and I made the decision to be married in one 7 years ago so that we can have an eternal family and receive the blessings that come from it.

No comments: