Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Monday, November 16, 2015

What's your Motto?

Our Home Teachers came over yesterday afternoon, and they shared Sister Neill F. Marriott's talk from October's General Conference called Yielding Our Hearts to God. Before they shared their message they asked us if we had a family motto. Neither of answered because as a family we don't really have one.

In Sister Marriott's talk she has a motto, "It will all work out." In her talk she talks about her daughter that had passed away when she was young. Even though they prayed, they knew it will all work out the way the Lord needs it.

After our home teachers left, I sat with the thought in my head, "do I have a motto?" Then it hit me, I do! I truly have a motto that I live my life to. I shared it with my husband, and he completely agreed that it was indeed my motto.

Are you curious yet as to what it could be? Of course you are!

My life motto is: "It happens for a reason."

THERE!

I've had some trials in my life from a very young age. I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 11. But through her death came life. She had to die in order for my dad to remarry, and for my little brother to be born, who I knew was missing and was meant to come to our family. Here my motto fits "It happens for a reason."

A few years ago, my husband and I were struggling in our marriage. He lost his job and we had to move in with his parents. He then got a job that took him away from us during the week in a different part of the state. During that time he had to be away from me and my son, it made him realize how much he needed me and our relationship. "It happens for a reason."

I could go on, but you get the idea. I look at things in my life and know that they happen for a reason. I just have to put my faith in the Lord that, as Sister Marriott puts it, "It will all work out."


No comments: