Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 Nephi 3-6

This morning my son woke up not feeling so good so I brought him into my room to sleep in my bed and as I lay there with him, hoping to fall asleep again myself, the thought occurred to me that I had not been reading my scriptures the last several weeks. I can't believe that it has been so long and that I let it slip away from me. So with that thought in my head I got up and came downstairs. The house was very peaceful, I turned on the lamp in the family room and sat down in the chair and opened up my scriptures to read where I had left off. Here are a few thoughts from the chapters that I read.

Chapter 3
vs 5-6: Lehi is telling his son Joseph that a latter day prophet wil be born from his lineage. He is talking about Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel.

vs 8: is a reference to the restoration

vs 17: gives a small description of Joseph Smith's character. He was not a very educated person but had a great presence and influence on people

vs 19: reference to the writing and translation of the Book of Mormon

Chapter 4
vs 17-35: Psalm of Nephi, in these verses Nephi pours out his heart
  • he prays to the Lord for strength and forgiveness
  • he asks for help w/ his enemies

Chapter 5

vs 2-3: Laman and Lemuel want to kill Nephi b/c they think that he wants to be their ruler

Nephi and his believers leave and begin to prosper

vs 15-16: Nephi teaches his people how to build using all kinds of materials that are available to them. they begin to build a temple.

No comments: