Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FS Moment - Resurrection

I had an FS moment last week with my neighbor's dad about the religion and death came up. Our conversation went something like this.

Neighbor's Dad, John: "You know my sister got mad at me awhile back when I mentioned that I want to be cremated. See, she believes in life after death."

Me: "So do I."

John: "Really?"

Me: "I sure do. You read the bible right?"

John: "Yes."

Me: "Well it talks about the resurrection."

John: "Ya, but it's only the spirit."

Me: "No, see the resurrection is when the body and the spirit reunite. How can your spirit reunite with your body if there is none?"

John: "But your body is gone."

Me: "Not entirely. Your body will become whole again so that the spirit can come back to it."

John: "Really? I didn't know that. That's really neat to think of it that way."

I'm so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and the resurrection that it gives me comfort to know that I can someday partake of that opportunity when the time comes.

No comments: