Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Friday, January 9, 2015

Tree of Life: Fruit

I love that I can find related topics through lds.org to help me learn and understand what I'm studying in the scriptures. Today I'm going to share about the Fruit from the Tree of Life.

1 Nephi 8

vs. 10-12 - Fruit

- this represents Eternal Life; the Plan of Salvation
- eternal life will be sweet with the ones we love
- in order to have eternal life we must partake of the fruit which is faith in Christ
- we need to keep the commandments

"However, conversion and baptism alone are not sufficient to one's assurance of eternal life. To receive exaltation in the kingdom of God, a person must abide the fullness of celestial law." - Elder Delbert L. Stapley (1973, Oct Conference, The Path to Eternal Life)

"Your eternal destiny will not be the result of chance but of choice. It is never to late to begin to choose eternal life." - Elder Randall K. Bennett (2011 Oct Conference, Choose Eternal Life)




"God's way provides man a divine way of life. The Lord promised his children salvation in the kingdom of God if they would live and follow his ways. It is important to know that man can become Godlike through the thoughts and ways of the Lord." - Elder Bernard P. Brockbank (1973 Oct Conference, God's Way to Eternal Life)

No comments: