Today I'm going to expand on the river of water.
1 Nephi 8
Vs. 13 - River of Water
- water is filthy and the depths of hell
- it ran near the tree but not to it, I saw the significance of this because no unclean thing can be in Heavenly Father's presence
"Be clean - in language, in thought, in body, in dress." - Pres Gordon B. Hinckley (2007 Apr Conference, I Am Clean)
"Our behavior in public must be above reproach. Our behavior in private is even more important. It must clear the standard set by the Lord." - Pres Gordon B. Hinckley (2002 Apr Conference, Personal Worthiness to Exercise the Priesthood)
"We cannot indulge in sin, let alone try to cover our sins. We cannot partake of the vanity of unrighteous ambition. . . If we do any of these things, the powers of heaven are withdrawn. The Spirit of the Lord is grieved. The very virtue of our priesthood is nullified. Its authority lost." - Pres Gordon B. Hinckley (2002 Apr Conference, Personal Worthiness to Exercise the Priesthood)
- I may not hold the priesthood, but access to it may be denied if I am not worthy
- I need to always strive to be clean and worthy, teach my children the importance of living a worthy life
"Imagine, the consoling, liberating, exalting feeling that will come to you when you see the reality of the Atonement and the practical, everyday value of it to you individually." - Elder Boyd K. Packer (1997 Apr Conference, Washed Clean)
- The atonement is there for us to be made clean and pure
- 3rd Article of Faith: We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.