Welcome to my blog! This blog will be for the purpose of documenting my personal feelings and insights as I study and ponder the scriptures and anything else I feel that will be insightful and uplifting. Please feel free to read what I've posted and comment on what you've read. Please note that anything negative or insensative will be deleted. Thank you.



Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tree of Life: Straight and Narrow Path

Today I will be sharing my thoughts on the Straight and Narrow Path.

1 Nephi 8

Vs. 20 - Straight and Narrow Path

As I was reading, these were my thoughts about the straight and narrow path.
• the iron rod runs along side the path
• without either we cannot find our way home
• they lead us to eternal life
• we need to teach our children the importance of staying on the path

Sister Rosemary M. Wixom said this about the path, "No child needs to walk the path alone so long as we speak freely to our children of the plan of salvation." (2010 Oct conference, Stay on the Path)

I love how she says that we need to teach our children of the plan of salvation. By doing so I know that we are reinforcing them to understand that eternal life is the goal.


A hymn came to my mind as I read Sister Wixom's quote and that is Teach Me to Walk in the Light (177).

Teach me to walk in the light of his love;
Teach me to pray to my Father above;
Teach me to know of the things that are right;
Teach me, teach me to walk in the light

Come, little child, and together we'll learn
Of his commandments, that we may return
Home to his presence, to live in his sight
Always, always to walk in the light.

Father in Heaven, we thank thee this day
For loving guidance to show us the way.
Grateful, we praise thee with songs of delight!
Gladly, gladly we'll walk in the light.

How simple are these words!?

We should also help others come to the path and help those who have lost their way. Our love for others will help us in this effort, because everyone deserves a chance at happiness for eternal life. 


In order to teach and help others to stay on the path we need to do the same.

"How can we keep ourselves on the straight and narrow way? The Lord have the answer over and over again. We must learn the word of God by studying the scriptures and apply his word by praying daily to the Lord and serving our fellowmen." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (1990 Oct conference, The Straight and Narrow Way)

We should also be encouraging our youth to be virtuous which will keep them on the path. Help them to put on the whole ARMOR of GOD. 

Sister Mary N. Cook said, "Center your life on the Savior and develop daily habits of righteous living." (2009 April conference, A Virtuous Life - Step by Step)

Let us all strive to create and keep daily habits of righteous living so that we can help others and our families gain eternal life.

No comments: